Gyrocompass Yokogawa CMZ-900 series has been type approved in accordance with International Maritime Organization (IMO) standards, resolution A.424 (XI) as well as JIS-F9602, class A standards.
- Resolution A.424(XI)
Performance standards for gyrocompasses
Certificate number of type approval
- JG: Under application (Gyrocompass CMZ900)
No. 4309 (Repeater compass MKR050)
- MED: Under application
- CCS: Scheduled
- A modular design saves the space. Master compass can be integrated in the autopilot steering stand.
- Manual speed error correction
- External heading sensor can back up the heading outputs.
- Serial data output IEC 61162-2 (high-speed transmission)
- A unique anti-vibration mechanism enhanced by the velocity damping effect of high viscous oil, provides superior damping of vibration and decoupling of shock at sea.
- A small and lightweight container enhances the follow up speed. The gyrocompass reading changes smoothly and does not lag when a small ship rapidly changes course.
- Easy maintenance and long maintenance periods
- Titanium capsule and electrodes are employed at lower hemisphere of Gyrosphere. Purity is maintained inside of the container, and maintenance interval is then longer-dated.
- The container is divided into two pieces at bottom when overhauled. Ship’s crew can replace Gyrosphere in case of emergency.
- The restart time can be preset from 1 to 99 hours.