Gyrocompass navigat X MK 2 is a compact, one- unit design that runs on a 24-volt power supply with two independent DC inputs. It can drive up to four analogue repeaters and provides five additional serial data outputs and one six steps/degree output. Based on the proven Sperry Marine NAVIGAT X MK 1 design, the new gyrocompass provides better than 40,000 hours mean time between failures. The system remains north-stabilized for up to three minutes in the event of a power interruption. The NAVIGAT X MK 2 complies with International Maritime Organization (IMO) regulations A.424(XI) and A.694(17) as well as the International Standards Organization (ISO) standard 8728, and is fully Wheelmark type-approved.
The introduction of this new gyrocompass completes the Sperry Marine range of heading sensors, which now comprises the NAVIGAT 2100 fiber-optic gyrocompass, the NAVIGAT X MK 1 and the NAVIGAT X MK 2 digital gyrocompasses.
- Performance in accordance with IMO A.424(XI), A.694(17), and ISO 8728.
- MED (Wheelmark) approval.
- Comprises one single unit.
- Power supply: two independent 24 VDC inputs.
- Control and display unit (not removable) in front cover with 4-digit heading display and 6 operating keys.
- Automatic static north speed error correction – no extra unit required.
- Rate-of-turn output.
- High speed transmission and follow-up system 100°/sec.
- Highly accurate heading data transmission by means of shaft encoder.
- Self-aligning repeater compasses with serial interface IEC-61162-1 / RS 422.
- Gyro system remains north-stabilized during power interruptions of up to three minutes.
- Twin rotors (19,000 rev./min.) and liquid damping system eliminate latitude error.
- ± 180° electronic alignment error correction in setup.